Trinity found this recipe on some website (he has since forgotten the name). We have adapted, of course. The only thing labor intensive is draining the chopped veggies but be sure to do this as the mixture gets watery/runny if you don’t.
For those of you who have a food processor, life is but a dream. For those of you who don’t? Get one. Even a ‘baby’ one like we have is better than chopping all the ingredients.
Vegetarian Roll Ups
- 2 – 8oz pkgs of cream cheese
- 1 pkt of Ranch salad and seasoning mix
- 1 large can of black olives – chopped and drained
- 1 red pepper – chopped and drained
- 1 green pepper – chopped and drained
- 6 green onions/scallions with some of the green tops
- 1 cucumber – peeled (if non-organic), seeded, chopped and drained
- Tortillas of your choice (burrito or soft taco size)
- Organic kale
Here’s some additional veggies ideas, if you really want to get jiggy with it:
Place all of the required chopped, drained ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese and ranch packet. Blend with mixer.
If you’re like me, you’ll have to put the mixture into a clean bowl or you won’t sleep that night. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. When you’re ready, put some of the mixture on a tortilla (size of your choice) with a spatula. Add some kale and roll it up.
Makes a great appetizer (omit kale) or picnic/camping lunch. YUMMY!!!